We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Part Time Position: Museum Guest Services Associate Apply Here
The Allen House Foundation is seeking a part-time Museum Guest Services Associate who will be responsible for a wide range of activities ensuring a high-quality visitor experience for patrons of the Frank Lloyd Wright Allen House. Primary focus will be centered around tour and gift shop (retail) responsibilities. We are a small team and success requires flexibility and commitment to working as part of that team to accomplish all that needs done.
The candidate can expect on average 15-20 hours/week, with typical working days being Wednesday thru Saturday. Actual scheduling will be subject to timing of special events/tours and will include evenings, weekends and/or days not regularly worked.
A day in the life:
· Ensuring a top-notch visitor experience and being the face of the Allen House for all who walk through the door.
· Providing general customer information and responding to inquiries about all things Allen House (tours, gift shop merchandise, and events) through phone calls, emails, and walk-in guests.
· Provide excellent customer service, ensure visitor safety, and communicate clear safety rules to maintain control of the group(s) and tour guests to minimize potential damage to our historic property.
· Daily open/close and retail activities of the Gilded Garage Gift Shop for public and private tours.
· Operate a POS, verify tickets, check-in visitors and large groups.
· Consistently and accurately perform job duties to a high standard.
· Assisting with the care, maintenance, sanitation, and security of the Allen House and grounds.
· Assist with the successful execution of ALL special events.
· Collaborating with the Director of Museum Operations on creative ways to achieve departmental goals.
· Proactively identifying and acting on any other activities that ultimately lead to the ongoing success of the museum.
· Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
· Assist with Social Media marketing.
· Other assigned duties.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
· Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service
· Attention to detail and highly organized
· At least 1 year in retail, sales, customer service, or administrative assistance
· Prior experience coordinating volunteers or managing schedules
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Ability and willingness to work an irregular schedule as required (nights and weekends)
· Ability to meet the physical demands listed below
What will put you ahead?
· Knowledge of and passion for Frank Lloyd Wright and the Allen House
· Experience with Point-of-Sale systems
· Previous experience in tourism or working with a non-profit organization
· Frequently required to walk and stand for extended periods of time
· Regularly lift and move items weighing 25+ pounds
· Regularly required to perform the following as a single act, or simultaneously: stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, ascend/descend stairs, balance, kneel, crouch, talk and listen
· Setup tables, chairs, projector/screen, and other furniture/accommodations as needed for all events
Job Type: Part-Time
· Day shift/Evening
· Weekend availability
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Weekly day range:
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person