HOLIDAY MOONLIGHT TOURS: Our Thursday evening Holiday Moonlight Tours are back AND tickets are going fast! Step back to 1918 and enjoy the Allen House decorated for the holidays with vintage décor. Visit the Gilded Garage Gift Shop and find that unique gift for your loved ones! The gift shop will be open 6:00 – 9:00 pm and admission to the gift shop is always free! To cap the tour off “Wright”, enjoy refreshments at the end of the tour in the gift shop! $25/person. These are great for couples’ nights, office parties or just a fun date night! Reserve your ticket now.Available Dates: November 17, December 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
The home will be decorated for the holidays from November 12 – December 31, 2022.
YEAR-END APPEAL:www.flwrightwichita.org or by mailing a check to our address. The Allen House is considered “the house of choice to live in” by our guests – and Wright considered it “among my best.” Thank you for your continued support of the Frank Lloyd Wright Allen House!
- We will have hand sanitizer in the gift shop for guests to use upon entering/exiting.
- The size of the tours will be limited to allow for social distancing. We strongly encourage “groups” to come together: families, couples, etc.
- Temporary plexiglass will be installed at the cash register.
- Tickets are encouraged to be purchased online.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Tickets are non-refundable. Exchange only. (Tickets are only refunded if the tour is canceled by Allen House personnel.) Should you become ill after purchasing your ticket, please contact personnel to reschedule your tour time.
- PUBLIC RESTROOM for tour guests only.
- We will be increasing our sanitizing/cleaning before and after each tour in public spaces.
- Masks are optional. Our guests, as well as staff and volunteers, are welcome to wear face coverings. We are happy to provide one if needed.
- We continue to monitor the recommendations of local, state and national health authorities. We encourage anyone seeking further information on COVID-19 to visit www.kansas.com. Stay tuned for further information.The Allen House is making the health and safety of our customers, volunteers and employees our highest priority. We are closely monitoring the developing situation concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19) and following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and local health authorities. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our site, you voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19 exposure. The Allen House is open for limited tours. When visiting, you will notice the following changes at the Allen House: (subject to change)
- Smoking is prohibited on the property.
- Limited restroom facilities. One unisex bathroom located in the gift shop.
- Limited Handicapped Access. Once in the reception hall, guests will need to climb 4 stairs to access the first floor spaces. To reach the second floor, guests must walk up and then back down a flight of 20 stairs.
- All tours are guided walking tours. Self-guided tours are not permitted. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- No public tours the last Saturday of each month – reserved for House events.
- We encourage you to leave backpacks, large purses and camera bags locked in your vehicle.
- Please silence mobile phones.
- Gilded Garage Gift Shop is open during all tours. Available online 24/7.
- Online reservations are required as space is limited. Walk-in tickets cannot be guaranteed.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Tickets are non-refundable. Exchange only. (Tickets are only refunded if the tour is canceled by Allen House personnel.)
- Parking: A grass and concrete parking lot is located south of the Visitor Center. There is space for 18 cars. Street parking is also available. Flat shoes are recommended.
- Photography: Interior photos are permitted on the Grand Tour FOR PERSONAL USE only. No interior photography of any kind is permitted on the Standard tour.
- For immediate assistance on availability call 316-687-1027. The Museum is closed on Sundays, Mondays and all major Holidays including but not limited to Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- The Allen House is a privately owned property. Access is only available through our guided tours and/or public events/programming.
Tour Descriptions:See “Events” calendar for tour dates/times. https://flwrightwichita.org/events/ Standard Tour: $22 For those Wright enthusiasts who want to learn more about the details, design and history behind the Allen House, this tour is for you! 90 minute guided tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright Allen House includes all the main rooms, second floor and interior gardens. This is a walking tour and you must be able to navigate stairs. The garden house is NOT included on this tour. (NO interior photography or backpacks allowed.) (Not recommended for children under the age of 12.) Grand Tour: $40 Enjoy a deeper look at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Allen House and Wright’s Architecture. This tour will provide an extensive interpretation of the house details and the relationship between Wright and his architecture led by experienced Docents. You will be allowed more time in each room to experience the details of Wright’s architecture and also photograph details for personal use. This tour offers access to the garden house which is not included on other tours. The garden house contains a sampling of items designed by Wright during his lifetime. This is a walking tour and you must be able to navigate stairs. Plan to spend 2-3 hours in the house/gardens. Interior photography is allowed for personal use only. In order to receive a quality tour experience, we limit the number of visitors on this tour to 10 per group. (Not recommended for children under the age of 12.) Moonlight Tour: $22 Join us for our “Moonlight Tour” and experience the house in its original lighting atmosphere. Tour length is 90 minutes. This is a walking tour and you must be able to navigate stairs. 1st Thursday of the month @ 7:00 pm beginning in February (Subject to change by demand. Please check calendar.) Elsie Allen Art Tour: Have you ever wondered about the history behind the artwork inside the Allen House? Come experience an in-depth look at examples of Elsie Allen’s art collection. Elsie was a major art collector and advocate in Wichita. She owned over 400 pieces of art at the time of her death. This tour will explore original pieces of art that are exhibited in the home. This tour focus is on the artwork but will also include a “mini-tour” of the home. Tour length is one hour. This is a walking tour throughout the home and stairs must be navigated. For a more in-depth tour about the home itself, please consider our Guided Tour or In-Depth Tour. By appointment – please call for availability.
Admission: Varies due to COVID-19
- Private Group Tours – Minimum of 8. (e.g. Office parties, team building, anniversary parties) Closed on Sunday, Monday and all holidays. Call 316-687-1027 to schedule group tours.
- School and University groups are welcome. Call 316-687-1027 to schedule group tours.
- Suggested minimum age for tour attendees is 12.
- Members of the Frank Lloyd Wright National Reciprocal Sites Membership Program must present membership card. Click here for more information regarding the Reciprocal Site program.
- Admission fees: (2022)
- $22 Standard Tour Admission
- $40 Grand Tour Admission
- $22 Moonlight Tour
- $20 Elsie Allen Art Tour
- $22 Sunday Afternoon Tour
- $70 Private Tour for 2 plus $25 ea. additional guest up to 8 (call for reservations. Must have 5 day advance reservation.)