Commissioned in 1916 and completed in 1918, Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen House is named after its first owners, newspaper publisher Henry Allen and his wife, Elsie. It was the last of the architect's famous prairie houses, which emphasized horizontal lines, earth tones and a continuous blending of interiors with exteriors.

Architectural writers who have visited the house believe its living room is "one of the great rooms of the 20th century". The home features more than 30 pieces of Wright-designed furniture, all of its original art glass and several new-for-their-time innovations, such as wall-hung water closets and an attached garage. Restored back to 1918, the house exemplifies Frank Lloyd Wright's philosophy of living in harmony with nature. The house was pivotal in the movement to the Usonian designs of 1935. Interior furnishings manufactured by Niedecken Walbridge represent the last of twelve collaborations. The Allen House is considered by many visitors "the house of choice to live in!"

Visit the site that USA Today considers one of the "10 great Frank Lloyd Wright home tours" in the nation. The Allen House is located in the historic College Hill neighborhood, 255 N. Roosevelt, Wichita, KS.

Upcoming Events

10:00 am – Guided Tour

July 25 10:00 am – 11:30 am

90 minute guided tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright Allen House.  The house was commissioned in 1915 and completed in 1918.  It features more than 30 pieces ...

Event Information

2:00PM – In-Depth Tour

July 25 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm

Enjoy a more in-depth look at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Allen House and Wright’s architecture.  This tour will provide an extensive interpretation of the ...

Event Information

2:00PM – Guided Tour

July 27 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm

90 minute guided tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright Allen House.  The house was commissioned in 1915 and completed in 1918.  It features more than 30 pieces ...

Event Information

10:00 AM – Guided Tour

July 28 10:00 am – 11:30 am

90 minute guided tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright Allen House.  The house was commissioned in 1915 and completed in 1918.  It features more than 30 pieces ...

Event Information